Most of our patients in Fort St. John find that local anesthetic is effective in preventing pain during routine dental procedures. That said, some patients will require additional assistance to ensure they get the essential treatment they need. This is where dental sedation can be useful.
At Fort St. John Dental clinic, our goal is always to provide you with a comfortable, relaxed dental experience, no matter the reason for your visit.
Usually, local anesthetic will be sufficient to prevent pain during routine dental procedures such as having a cavity filled. However, some of our patients experience anxiety and find that dental sedation can help reduce feelings of nervousness or fear so they can have a positive dental experience. https://www.fsjdental.com/site/dental-sedation-fort-st-john-dentist
Each patient will have unique needs when it comes to general anesthesia and sedation. Your reasons for requesting sedation may differ from another patient’s. This is why our Surrey dentists take time to determine each patient’s sedation requirements on a case-by-case basis.
Your dentist may recommend oral conscious dental sedation in these cases:
- Difficulties sitting still during dental treatment
- Exaggerated gag reflex
- Special healthcare requirements
- Dental phobias
- Low pain tolerance
- Difficulty holding mouth open for sustained periods of time
- Special needs due to mental or physical disabilities
- Severe dental anxiety or fear
- Allergies to local anesthetic
- Undergoing long, complex, or particularly invasive dental procedures
- Local anesthetic is not effective in controlling your pain
If you experience dental anxiety, your Fort St. John dentist can propose solutions that may work for you. It’s essential not to allow your fears to prevent you from getting the dental health care you need and deserve. Our team of dental professionals can help you get through your next dental treatment in a calm, relaxed manner.